How to Create Awesome Escape Rooms with 12-Volt Linear Actuators
The level of competition in the entertainment business has always been high. That's why using interesting high-tech effects in escape rooms will make them more attractive to visitors. And even if you are not a professional, creating an escape room quest is easier than you may think!
Diy Escape Rooms
What do you need to organize a quest?
- A room of at least 40 square meters, available around the clock. It's probably better not to locate it in a residential building (for noise reasons).
- Environment (each game has its environment). Any rubbish that you have lying around in your apartment will be useful. This is not a theater - this is real life (the more real stuff around, the more natural the impression your guests will have).
- Interesting DIY escape room ideas (or you can buy a franchise - the developers can come up with everything for this business).
- The area doesn't matter for this kind of business (like for hotels or supermarkets), your profit and the popularity of your room will depend on your imagination (the cooler it is, the higher the price and demand). Therefore, a creative person can make good money in a limited space.
The number of quest rooms is growing every day so, if you want to become a business owner, you must look for ways to stand out from the competition. In this regard, pay attention to the technology you plan to use in general and use 12-volt actuators in particular. We can all agree that simply unlocking code and opening a door doesn't look as impressive as when the door opens automatically. And actuators are the best help in it.
Actuators used for escape rooms don't require complex settings and can work in the range of speed you specify.
Here are some examples of the successful use of 12-volt actuators.
Actuators can push a drawer on a command received by the relay. The drive travel can be long or short - it depends on the specific conditions of your quest rooms.
Using electric actuators 12v, you can organize the automatic opening of cabinets, chests, boxes, basement covers, windows, etc.
All that you need for the drive to work is a direct current source of 12 volts. There are many different models of 12-volt actuators required for activating a particular action after the participants of the quest manage to solve the escape room puzzles.
Escape Room Ideas
- Mind games: This is a very atmospheric room. In the near future, forensic scientists have learned to penetrate the mind of a criminal. You and your team will fall into the consciousness of a serial killer and have to understand his memories. Having dealt with all these twists and turns, you can solve the crime and get out of the room. You will find yourself in a fascinating and gloomy atmosphere, an abundance of strange mechanisms and hiding places. Add your imagination, logic, and inventiveness and look for a way out together with your team.
- 1408: The room is created based on the famous story by Stephen King. You will find yourself in the infamous room at the Dolphin Hotel, where something awful awaits unlucky guests. Will you get out of this room before the madness and fear prevail? Mike Enslin was the last guest, and he was a famous writer. Nobody knows what happened to him. So will you take a chance?
- Alice in Wonderland: This room is based on the children's (as many believe) books about Alice's adventures. However, the book has many secrets so that adults will also find this story fascinating. You will find familiar characters, references to the novel, puns, interesting tasks, and all this followed by light madness and unusualness.
- Asylum №13 If you are looking for real madness, visit an asylum quest room. It may be difficult to find out what is real and what is just a product of sick imagination.
- Crazy professor's lab: The professor is an eccentric genius, to put it mildly. His experiments have turned some people into cockroaches. Get out of the laboratory before you turn into a bug!
- Interrogations: The room includes many logical tasks, although, at first glance, it's just the office of an investigator, who stepped out for a moment. In order to avoid a real interrogation, use your full potential and get out as soon as possible, with the support of your friends.
In any escape room, high-tech control systems with the use of actuators will make your entertainment project more appealing. And we are ready to help you choose a linear drive for your project.